THE BUYER-SELLER MEETING
The buyer-seller meeting is very important to the sale of a business. It gives both buyer and seller the opportunity to learn more about each other. The buyer has a chance to
get comfortable with you and the business and you get the opportunity to see what you think of the buyer.
TO HAVE THE BEST MEETING:
- Be sure your broker is with you at the meeting.
- Discuss the good points of your business and its potential.
- Discuss the bad points of your business and possible solutions.
- Explain the operation of your business, concentrate on its unique features, and suggest areas for growth.
- Invite questions from the buyer and be open and honest with your answers.
- Be sure to explain your reason for sale in a positive manner.
- Your financial records should either be presented in the presence of your broker or by the broker.
- Brokerage fees, price and terms shouldn’t be discussed, that’s our job!